Get Relief for Your Whiplash Symptoms With Our Houston Chiropractor
At We Got Your Back Chiropractic, we got your covered if you've sustained a whiplash injury. Our Houston chiropractor team knows how uncomfortable this condition can be, and our individually crafted treatments can help resolve your symptoms quickly and without drugs or invasive procedures.
What is Whiplash? Causes & Symptoms
Imagine what can happen to your neck and head when you slip and fall or if you are involved in a car crash such as a fender bender. Your body suddenly stops moving or changes direction while your head continues traveling—that is, until the neck quickly stops it. This can cause your neck to rapidly bend back and forth like a whip, leading to significant strain and damage in the muscles and other connective tissues in this region of your body.
This scenario is effectively how whiplash occurs. Symptoms can include:
- Ringing in the ears
- Jaw pain
- Insomnia, mental fogginess, and mood dysfunction
- Neck pain, tenderness, and stiffness (including misalignment of cervical joints)
- Shoulder pain, tenderness, and stiffness
- Numbness and tingling anywhere along the arm or arms
How Our Chiropractors in Houston Treat Whiplash
You may feel okay in the first few days or even weeks after an auto accident, but then one morning wake up with a sore neck or another issue. Whiplash can have a delay in symptoms because flight-or-flight hormones like adrenaline can mask pain and inflammation and may take a while to return to their pre-trauma resting levels.
So, even if you feel "fine" after an accident, come see a chiropractor in Houston as soon as you can. We can provide treatments that will relieve symptoms and prevent them from worsening or recurring. Such services may include:
- Acupuncture: trigger healing by normalizing energy flow throughout the body and triggering relaxation and stress relief
- Chiropractic adjustments and traction: realign spinal joints, alleviate pressure on spinal nerves, and modulate pain signals being sent via the nervous system
- Massage therapy: relieve tension and spasms, reduce adhesions, and decrease inflammation and swelling by stimulating circulation
- Exercises: prescribed, taught, and modified to fit your needs and therapeutic goals (e.g., tissue healing, postural awareness, etc.)
- Modalities: electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and cryotherapy can help relieve your pain, reduce muscle spasms, stimulate tissue healing, and help control/reduce scar tissue formation
Seek Custom Care At We Got Your Back Chiropractic
With two convenient locations, an accommodating schedule, and an amazing staff, We Got Your Back Chiropractic has everything you need to recover naturally from whiplash. Contact us today at (281) 251-3531 to schedule an appointment and get on the road to healing.